Wednesday 21 July 2010

rejection and praise in the one place.


I submitted to the THE RUMPUS and the column funny women.
Here is my rejection.

Hi again Kerry,

Love the last line!

I hate to say I'm not sure this piece is a good fit. Here's more of an idea what I'm seeking in submissions: narratively-driven, story-based pieces that have fleshed out characters who start and end in different places. This is more in bullet-point fashion, which I find funny, but it just doesn't work for the column (I pass on pieces all the time that make me laugh and resonate but don't hit the mark/tone of Funny Women, if that makes sense).

On another note: your website is freaking awesome--just beautiful!

-Elissa
THANKS ELISSA. A GOOD REJECTION WITH CONSTRUCTIVE INFORMATION. I will try harder.
just click on the title for the submission guidelines for funny women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you like what you see please let me know, Ciao!