Monday 5 March 2012

The nicest rejection I've ever had.

this has to be the nicest rejection I have ever had. It is witty and shows above all things that the editor actually read my piece. Hurrah.
Thanks Ampersand Review.


Hettie,


First off, let me apologize for the tardiness of this reply.  We've tried to come up with some good excuses for the lag time in replies, because the truth is so prosaic and has nothing to do with the Mossad: we just got carried away publishing books, and the litmag is always the first thing to suffer.

We also have to apologize for making this long-awaited note nothing more than a rejection.  We really did enjoy "A Charitable Act," especially the way the tragedy crept in.  And, you're right: the style is just what we like, but we seem to have been in a mood to like that kind of thing a bit much lately.  We've already accepted a few pieces with a similar monologue tone, and there are already a couple of dead kids.  Often, rejections have little or nothing to do with your work itself and are more a result of things outside anyone's control.

It's a shame we don't have beer wires yet.  I'm sure Apple will fix that pretty soon.  As soon as they do, I'm putting Australia in charge of getting the whole world drunk.

Thanks for letting us read your work, and sorry again about the wait.

Cook
Editor
Ampersand Books


If you visit 
and like what you see,
leave a comment or follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you like what you see please let me know, Ciao!