Wednesday 3 November 2010

a nice rejection, albeit standard


Aside from the spelling error, and god forbid I had a spelling error in my query, this is standard but with a feel good nuance.
Dear Ms. Ashwin

Thank you for giving us the chance to consider Literary Licensce.

Though I found much to admire in your writing and creativity, after careful consideration I feel that this project is not quite right for the agency. The fiction market is extremely tight these days, particularly for new or unknown writers, and I don't feel your book quite met the extremely rigorous standards needed to be published in today's difficult market.

As you know, however, these decisions are highly subjective and another agent or editor may have a completely different opinion from mine.

Again, I thank you for giving Martin Literary Management the chance to look at your work.









Kate Folkers

Literary Agent

Martin Literary Management LLC

321 High School Road NE, Suite D-3, #316

Bainbridge Island, WA 98110



kate@martinliterarymanagement.com

www.MartinLiteraryManagement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you like what you see please let me know, Ciao!